Seventh Meeting (2020/12/03)
Present at the meeting: Klaus, Claudio, Rustan, Leila, Catherine, Graeme, Brijesh, Pierluigi, Luigia
On the agenda:
- FMTea workshop
- What went well and what did not
- Next edition?
- COST Action application (deadline April 29)
- Courses in the database
- Courses database flyer for Formalise conf
- Case studies
- FMTea next edition
- Beijing, 20-21.11.2021
- tutorial and workshop? 2 days maybe
- one invited speaker can be funded by FME/organisers
- we need one/some PC chairs
- Feb 15 deadline for submitting proposal, March 15 notification
- Alexandra and Joao next PC chairs! Claudio possibly joining!
- COST application
- abstract and technical annex
- Evaluation Feedback Wednesday, May 26, 2021 @ 12:00 CET
- Training school
- May? June? second half of August?
- we focus now on collecting online materials and create a repository online , linked from our webpages
- TLA+ videos of Leslie Lamport: http://lamport.azurewebsites.net/video/videos.html
- Rustan’s Verification corner (other videos?): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP2eLEql4tROYmIYm5mA27A/videos
- Open JML (Graeme mentioned this) …
- We come back to this issue in March, because FME has 2 deadlines for applying for funding – one in December and one in April
- Kenji –> proposed to organise some training school connected with the FM symposium, addressing Asian industry?
- we need to focus all these ideas a bit
- what would the audience be?
- what should we teach?
- Recording a lecture with your favourite formal method
- Luigia plans to record something with Event-B –> let’s see how it works
- Collecting interesting info
- http://www.icse-conferences.org/mostinfluential.html –> best paper awards at the relevant conferences, for instance
- Body of Knowledge
- starting points: SWEBoK (Software Engineering BoK): https://software-engineering-handbook.com
- https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-44648-2: On the construction of Engineering handbooks, by Stefan Gruner, Tom Maibaum and others; on railway domain, interlocks, etc
- Kenji, here are your slides from 10 years ago 🙂 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wsOI-d_BHC0c3eqTF_1vRQooA5o7qokN/view?usp=sharing
- Claudio’s FMTeaching brochure